Capital Properties Cardiff

  • twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Tel: 07917 415386 / Email:

LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Share Capital Properties Cardiff News Rss feed

Student Frequently Asked Questions

Where are the most popular areas for student accommodation in Cardiff?

The main area’s Capital properties deal with tend to be Cathays and Roath since we specialise in student properties. Cardiff university main building and library is situated in Cathays itself but our properties are spread strategically so are in walking distance of Cardiff Met and the University of South Wales

I’m a single person but want a room in a shared house, can you help me?

Yes! We usually have spare rooms available in shared houses and can match you up in shared accommodation with other students in properties that have 9 bedrooms.

How do I arrange a viewing?

Get in touch with us either by emailing us or giving us a call and we can arrange a viewing at the property of interest.

How do I reserve a property?

In order to reserve a property, all tenants must complete an application form and pay a £100 holding fee which is refundable against your deposit once the guarantor forms and tenancy agreement have been completed by each person.

What do I need to qualify to rent?


  • Completed application form and guarantor form
  • Fully paid deposit which can either fully or partially come from your refunded £100 holding fee depending on deposit prices
  • Passport/driving licence and a valid student ID


  • You will need all of the above but instead of a guarantor form, we will need an employment reference from your current employer and a reference from your current landlord/agency.

Will I have to pay any fees?

No agency fee will be charged. When you decide on the property, all tenants will pay a holding fee of £100 which will be refunded against your deposit once your tenancy agreements have been signed.

Question: Do I have to pay a deposit?

Our new deposit scheme allows you to move in for less! Starting for houses available July 2020, the deposit amount starts from £100 which comes directly from your refunded holding fee.

Question: Am I committed to pay rent for a fixed term?

Yes, depending on the length of the tenancy you sign, you are legally required to pay the rent until the contract ends.

Question: Who will pay for the Utilities, WiFi and TV Licence?

Bills will be the responsibility of the tenant unless stated otherwise.

Question: Do I have to pay Council Tax?

Full-time students are exempt from paying council tax. Non students living in any house whether that be with or without other students are not exempt and will have to pay council tax for the whole house. This is something to take into consideration when choosing who to live with as it could get quite expensive if you're the only professional living with other students

Question: What do I do in an emergency?

If your emergency is during office hours, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday, please telephone our office number 07917 415386 and we will give you any relevant advice to deal with your emergency. If your emergency is outside of office hours please contact our emergency number 078424899023

Who do I call for general maintenance?

If your maintenance is non-urgent please email Should your maintenance be more urgent then please text/tel 0797170415386 during office hours. Outside of office hours please text/tel 078424899023

If I get locked out, how much will I be charged?

  • 9am-5pm Monday to Friday £20.00
  • 5pm-10pm Monday to Friday £50.00
  • 10pm-9am Monday to Friday £80.00
  • Saturdays & Sundays £80.00 (Except 9am-1pm Saturday which is £50.00)
  • Bank holidays and christmas which are charged at £80.00

How much are replacement keys if I lose my keys?

Replacement keys are £20.00 per key. In some circumstances, we are able to obtain same day replacement keys but they are security keys and need to be specially ordered.

Question: Which day does rubbish get collected?

General waste will be collected every other week starting from Wednesday 9th October 2019. This waste should be disposed of in the red striped bags.

Recycling and food waste will be collected every week on a Wednesday. Please use the recycling bags and food caddy's provided. Extra food bags can be collected free of charge from the local library.

Will my belongings be covered by the Landlord’s insurance?

No, tenants must take out insurance for their own belongings.

If you can't find the answer to your question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

© 2011-2016 Capital Properties. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy. Site by Orantec.