Capital Properties Cardiff

  • twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Tel: 029 2022 7080 / Email:

Google + LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Share Capital Properties Cardiff News Rss feed

Student Frequently Asked Questions

Where are the most popular areas for student accommodation in Cardiff?

The main area’s Capital properties deal with tend to be Cathays and Roath and Heath areas of Cardiff. The main University is spread within walking distance throughout these areas with Cardiff university main building and library being in Cathays itself. Properties in the Heath area are ideal for those studying at the University Hospital of Wales.

I’m a single person but want a room in a shared house, can you help me?

Yes! We usually have spare rooms available in shared houses and can match you up in shared accommodation with other students. We deal with properties of all sizes and are able to accommodate students looking to rent self-contained flats right up to houses of 8 bedrooms or more.

Do I have to fill in any forms?

Yes, we have an application form which all tenants must fill out when they decide to take a property with us.

Will I have to pay any fees?

Yes, when you decide on the property you all want you have to pay an administration fee of 1/4 of one months rent plus VAT (which is currently at 20%) so for example, if you want to rent a property from us which is say for example £250 per person pcm, then your agency fee will be 1/4 of this plus VAT at 20% which would amount to £75. Therefore this will vary depending on the rental amount.

Question: Do I have to pay a bond/deposit?

Yes, most landlords and agencies will ask for a security deposit or ‘bond’ as some call it. This is usually roughly based on the equivalent of one months rent however it can vary from landlord to landlord, agency to agency, they will sometimes round this to say £300 however it is not uncommon for the bond to be higher than this so always check what the deposit is before paying an agency fee to ensure you can afford to pay the bond.

Question: Am I committed to pay rent for a fixed term?

Yes, depending on the length of the tenancy you sign, you are legally required to pay the rent until the contract ends.

Question: Who will pay for the Utilities, Services and TV Licence?

Normally most bills will be the responsibility of the tenant unless stated otherwise. There will be no Council Tax charge where full time students ONLY occupy a house. There are specific rules governing who is classed as a full-time student and tenants are advised to check this before choosing who to live with.

Will my belongings be covered by the Landlord’s insurance?

No, tenants must take out insurance for their own belongings. The landlord only covers his own belongings.

If you cannot find the answer you were looking for you may be able to find it on another section of the website or alternatively please contact us and we will be more than happy to help!

© 2011-2016 Capital Properties. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy. Site by Orantec.